budget roll-in shower
Here's the before, during, and now photo slideshow.
This project consisted of the following:
- Deconstruction and preparation of this bathroom.
- Remove the shower faucet trim pieces ( handles, supply pipe, and shower head)
- Remove the tiled tub enclosure and expose the stud walls.
- Remove the existing bathtub.
- Remove the existing tub/shower faucet.
- Once this was completed, we continued with the reconstruction.
- Reconstruction phase was as follows:
- Recess the foundation to facilitate the construction of the roll-in shower.
- Access the foundation and modify drain system to install shower drain.
- Frame in and reinforce shower stalls walls.
- Install 2” x 12” reinforcements between studs to support grab bars later.
- Make all modifications to the water supply lines needed.
- Installation of the new shower faucet was raised to a more comfortable height.
- Install backerboard and tape and float with thin-set mortar.
- Installation of tile on all walls and shower floor.
- Trim tile color is white 2” x 6” surface caps.
- Install 2” x 2” anti-slip ceramic tile on shower floor.
- Grout out all tile work in white.
- Installation of the faucet trim and fixed showerhead.
- Install a towel bar and soap dish.
- Installation of a hand-held shower head.
- Installation of a 36" stainless steel grab bar.
Call or text